Friday, October 21, 2005

Status Quo Addicts...

Tata Tata....This is how Egypt is moving backwards... When I started my blog I decided to name it Egyptian hopes and I wanted to see the ray of light at the end of the tunnel...But browsing what I wrote so far and what is happening in Egypt in the last few months, I found out that the ray that I was seeing is a mirage and we are in total darkness and the only light that I am hoping for will come from a bloody revolution or a cruise missle!!!
Am I a pissimistic person? Not really, I have always considered myself an optimistic and happy person but the Status Quo addicts are glued to power and corruption. I was also shocked to see that 15 thousands angry persons where dispatched in Alexandria because of a stupid shamefull play compared to 70 persons in the Kefaya (Enough) movement march in Alexandria a few months ago!







3 Comments:

At 3:19 AM, November 11, 2005, Blogger laminar_flow said...

Hi,

Good Blog on Egypt Politics.
I feel your pain. It's all about changing hearts and minds. One person, at a time.
Here's my blog on Fiji current affairs.

 
At 4:59 AM, April 15, 2006, Blogger Kareem Alkaseer said...

Hello, good blog. Keep it up.

Yes you are going to see lights at the end of the tunnel. But you know, people say that this is a sign of death.

We need not to walk further into the tunnel, we need to get out of it.

To get out we need more than objections and walks. We need a sort of collaborative work that is based on sepcific vision(s). We don't need those people who claim to be the intellectuals of freedom, we don't need old burned figures from the past, but we need to implement our own present visions, if any, which are concerned about people not their rulers.

Be optimistic the day of freedom is to come.

Let's Talk

 
At 4:19 PM, October 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

boring lips,good view
we have to collaborate for the good of our country,and to enlighten those who don't know,for humanity sake things must change in Egypt,yes i was astonished to know that 15000 demonstarted against a play most of them didn't watch,a play which was presented only once,but only few demonstrated with kefaya,i'm afraid the muslim-brotherhood hypocrites are taking over Egypt more and more,once they go on,Egypt will be another saudi arabia,closed rigid religious mentalities,who cares about trifly things just as much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Global   Voices

Global   Voices

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Blog Directory & Search engine

Feed Shark

Politics Blog Top Sites

Powered by Blogger


O