Deja'Vu in 2005 !Every thing has changed!
From October 13th 1982 till Present!
- From B/W to Multicolor + Photoshop touches.
- Mubarak pictures is small (Size & age).
- Price of the Newspaper 20 m (Malleem).
Everything else to the smallest font is the same...
In Al Akhbar 13/10/1982
- Yes to Stability.. Yes to Democracy (sounds familiar?).
- Egyptians (All) announce their support to Hosni Mubarak for President of the Republic.
- 12 Million voters are going to poll satations to elect the new President of the Republic.
- The election of Mubarak is the guarantee for Stability and Safety.
- The operation room in the Ministry of Interior (Changed to the Presedential Committee in 2005) receives today the results of the referendum on electing the President of the Republic.
- Experts of the Central Agency for forgery (couldn't find the right translation) will prepare the final results of the referendum (It was 99.999%).
- We refuse the Soviet Union (reads USA in 2005) intervention in our internal affairs.
Al Ahram 13/10/1982
- Almost the same headlines with little minor differences.
- More than 11 Million (more precise) voters.....
- Mubarak votes in the same Heliopolis school as in 2005!
- A small box about a statement of Mubarak to Time magazine saying that the principles that Sadat laid out smoothened the transfer of power.
- An editorial by Ibrahim Nafi3 (yes the same Ibrahim Nafie of Al Ahram) titled why we are choosing Hosni Mubarak!!!
I find it ridicules that some Egyptians believe that we are starting a new era of Democracy because we have some independent newspapers and we gave the same time to candidates in the Public (reads NDP) TV. Am I pessimistic? No, I believe that change is coming but not with the “new vision” of Gimmy and Co. but from the Egyptians…